Zum Inhalt wechseln

Welcome to Irrglaube und Wahrheit
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Segne!

• Bitte melde dich an um zu Antworten
Keine Antworten in diesem Thema

Guest_Matthes_*

Guest_Matthes_*
  • Guests
Be Blessed and Ready to Bless

by Joyce Sibthorpe

Years ago I attended a Youth Pentecost Praise at Wells Cathedral and I was thrilled to see a vast cathedral packed with young people. However, the feature that remains in my memory and which impacted me so strongly was how the service finished.

The bishop told us that he had been given authority from God to bless us. He spoke very seriously about the reality of what we were about to receive. He then asked those who wanted to receive this blessing to stand while he prayed. To this day I remember the authority with which he spoke out God’s blessing – the power of God’s Spirit was tangible and I certainly received a blessing, but also a revelation of how much God wanted to protect me and make my path smooth.

The words of the blessing came from Numbers 6:24-26, “The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”

It is not only bishops who can pronounce blessing – you can. Bless your family. Parents - send your children to school under a blessing. Pastors – bless your congregations as you send them out into the work place. Husbands – bless your wives as you leave for work. Practise this in every situation of life and I am sure you will see results.

Blessing can release favour even outside of a Christian context – an African friend of mine told me this story. His mother had gone to market to sell meat – but she had left home independently with her son, after having had a strong disagreement with her husband. She sold no meat – so returned home to be reconciled with her husband and to ask him to bless her in her work. She immediately returned to the market and her supply of meat rapidly sold. As this young child watched this scene he became convinced of the power of blessing.

2 Thessalonians 3:16, “Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with you all.”